The View Lugano
Lugano Paradiso Switzerland
An all-encompassing experience in the height luxury, where attention to detail goes hand in hand with care for the environment and the pursuit of exclusivity and where a new concept of receiving and hosting is defined.
THE VIEW Lugano, which belongs to the Planhotel Hospitality Group, is a boutique hotel in the heart of Lugano, an exceptional location conceived with a smart approach to luxury, where extreme attention is paid to the needs and preferences of guests. Here the focus is on providing a welcome that “envelopes”, bringing together warmth and authenticity in an atmosphere that is designed to be comfortable and aesthetically pleasing, thanks to a blend of contemporary and traditional styles. The nautical inspired architecture, a perfect yacht that sails on the waters of the lake on a journey of luxury and comfort.
Just as if departing on a cruise, ‘THE VIEW experience’ begins with the arrival by car, directly into the covered garage of the hotel. Up ton the first floor are the public areas, with the bar, THE VIEW Fine Dining restaurant, THE VIEW SPA and the magnificent TreCinqueZero terrace. The entire hotel and all 18 suites overlook the lake and this view on the water is the same from every area. Marine teak, glass, krion® – a technical material unique for its resistance and tactility – the undulating references to waves in the wall designs and the style details, define its spaces. Geometric, essential, minimalist, elegant, it is distinguished by the high quality of its materials and by the visionary aspect of its whole.
Distance from Airport
Average high season temperature
Average low season temperature
Accessible all year round
Food and Drink
The View Fine Dining
An exceptional location where you can enjoy sophisticated gastronomic experiences.
Creativity and outstanding passion are the hallmarks of the culinary art of our talented Chef Diego Della Schiava.
Delicious flavours that linger in your heart and soul.
The TreCinqueZero Terrace, surrounded by nature where style and elegance come together to create a memorable moment. It is the ideal location for events, cocktails, lunches and dinners, a reference point for those looking for new culinary experiences.
An A’ la Carte and a more casual Bistrot menu are available on the Terrace with a refined wine list and selected craft beers.
On the terrace it is also possible to request different Champagne and Wine tastings or to sample some of our signature cocktails, prepared with ingredients from our garden.
The View Spa
An Olympus of charm designed for the guests of the hotel, but also open to external visitors, where every gesture and every detail is dedicated to wellness. The center offers tailor-made treatments, a selection of exclusive products and well trained, highly specialized personnel.
The salt room has as an entire wall built out of Himalayan Saltbricks which naturally and continually release a high concentration of iodine and negative ions into the air.
The negative ions purify the air in the room, kill bacteria and drastically reduce radiation, resulting in a deep purification of the skin, which along with the iodine, greatly improves conditions such as dermatitis or psoriasis.
Pools and thermal areas
The pool area, with its soft lighting and stunning views of the lake, features an 18 meter swimming pool and a vitality pool, with a heated whirlpool, hydro-massage circuit and water jets.
After the thermotherapy phase, a Finnish sauna is followed by a dip in a frozen lake and a massage with birch branches to reactivate the circulation. This ritual has been adapted to our climate and environment. Exposure to the very hot dry air, is followed by a cold shower or a bath to stimulate the proper functioning of the thermoregulation.
People who live in big cities know that smog and pollution is a problem for the respiratory tract. The Turkish bath is extremely effective in cleansing the lungs of harmful micro particles: the moist heat present inside the steam bath renders the mucose more fluid, benefiting those who suffer from chronic diseases of the respiratory system. Having treatments at least once a week, can improve bronchitis, sinusitis and rhinitis. The moist heat present in the Turkish baths also combats adiposity of the skin and cellulite.
ART AND CULTURE
- Visit LAC “Lugano Arte e Cultura”, cultural centre dedicated to the visual arts, music and the performing arts.
- Visit Cathedral of San Lorenzo.
- Take a short visit to the Santa Maria degli Angioli Church in the Luini Square.
- Discover the parks and gardens of Lugano and surroundings. Visit Parco San Grato by electric Smart Car, compliments of the hotel or perhaps Parco Ciani in the City Center.
- Cruise on the lake by official transportation or by private speed boat.
- Ride the funicular to the top of one of the surrounding mountains for spectacular views over Ticino; Monte San Salvatore or Monte Bré.
- Get into the mood of Lugano and its’ surroundings with a stroll through the pedestrian only city centre. Take a long walk along the Lugano lake shore to Gandria, on Il Sentiero degli Ulivi (Olive Tree Trail) which will take about an hour, or drive yourself in a complimentary electric Smart car to the fishing village of Morcote, where you can also visit the wonderful Parco Scherrer and its stunning church.
- Shopping in the famous and traditional Via Nassa.
- Treat yourself at the Läderach Chocolate Shop.
- Shopping at the Foxtown Outlet in Mendrisio, where you will find many well known Brands.